You will receive your bill from Infomedics?
We prefer to give you our full attention and good care. That is why we work together with Infomedics for our billing process. This means you will receive your invoice from Infomedics. Health insurer reimbursement
Infomedics will invoice you on behalf of your healthcare provider. If possible, they will check whether your health insurer reimburses (part of) your invoice. If so, you will see the reimbursement deducted on your invoice and you will only have to pay the remaining amount. Has nothing been reimbursed, but do you think you are entitled to reimbursement from your health insurer? Or do you have questions about the amount of your reimbursement? Then please contact your health insurer.
Take care of everything online!
The website of Infomedics (www.infomedics.nl) enables you to handle a lot of questions concerning your invoice yourself. For example:
- Check if your invoice is already paid for via our payment checker at the homepage. Fill in the 14-digits number that is stated behind ‘Betalingskenmerk’. This number can be found on your invoice.
- Check out frequently asked questions via www.infomedics.nl/faq.
- Request a deferred payment without additional cost or, if you are unable to pay your invoice at once, submit a request for payment in installments.
If there are questions that remained unanswered, please call the Infomedics Servicedesk by dialing 036 – 20 31 900 (Monday through Friday, 09.00 – 17.00).
What happens with your personal data?
Terms of payment Infomedics
On behalf of your healthcare provider, Infomedics sends out and collects invoices of the healthcare you have received. Infomedics meets up to all privacy regulations as stated by law.
What are the most important terms of payment?
- Infomedics is allowed, if possible, to check if (part of) your invoice can be reimbursed by your health insurer. Infomedics will make sure this is stated on your invoice.
- Infomedics expects you to pay your invoice before the final payment date as stated on the invoice.
- If you have not paid your invoice before the final payment date, you are in omission even though you will not be given any further notice of default. As Infomedics realizes chances are you have forgotten to pay your invoice, they will send out a reminder which has a final payment date 14 days after you have received it. If your invoice has
not been paid after the date stated on your reminder, Infomedics calculates interest and collection costs.
- Infomedics is allowed to deduct your payment firstly on possible collection costs, secondly on the stated interest and lastly on the original amount of your invoice.
- Keep in mind that, even when you decide to file a complaint or visit another health care provider next time, your invoice still needs to be paid by you. Your payment obligation will not be suspended.